So a few bits of personal wisdom I've picked up over the past couple of weeks (and way to many instances of "so") :
- Vacations are good. Returns from vacation not so much.
- Places are often way way far from how you visalize them when you've never been. I didn't see even one oil well. But I did steal some cotton from a field. So cool. Feels like a dirty cotton ball. In a good way.
- Same goes with people. Not the stealing them, the visualization thing. Didn't meet any rednecks but plenty of really nice people. And the accent! I love the accent, though I didn't come across many of those either.
- It is majorly cool to meet online people in real life. I've never been disappointed yet. And Geewits? She rocks! Even though she did out me as a softie. But that was just one evening so it doesn't count. I will remain a blog bitch. There will be no frilly pinkness in this blog.
- I know I should be devastated that the Canadian dollar is on par (or higher now?) than the American one. Because we're told it's horrible for the economy or somesuch. But having been shopping in the States and buying a camera for over $150 less than it costs here on sale (!!), I can only say: YAY FOR ME! Same goes for the books and shoes I bought (YAY for me again! and yay yay yay for shoes!!!) and mea f-ing culpa if I'm not being politically correct. And I'll stop here before I begin to rant. 'Cause the cost of stuff in Canada is a rant waiting to happen.
- Texas BBQ has got to be one of the most wonderful things in the world. Yes indeedy.
- Fall is highly overrated. Seriously overrated. Granted, the leaves are pretty for a few days, but then the cold and damp and rain and clouds chug in and bam, it sucketh indeed. I much prefer 90 degree weather and a dip in the ocean.
- Air conditioning is not a luxury in Texas. Some people say it's necessary here, but they have no freaking idea what they're talking about. Airco is definitely a luxury here; it has it's uses about 2 weeks out of the year. 75 degrees is not airco weather. Nope.