On a Friday night, at the office*, in the middle of my vacation.... Do I need a life or what?
Just got back from Gay Paree yesterday, and it was, as ever, awesome. Even after having been there over a dozen times, it still surprises me every time I go by its sheer, well, awesomeness. What can I say about it? A couple of quick impressions before I get back to my vacation:
- Where does the evil Parisian waiter reside? Every time I eat in a restaurant in Paris, waiters are really quite nice. Is it because I'm not American? Or are they a myth?
- That legendary Parisian elegance seems to be just that, legendary. Honestly, besides a few really elegant Parisians here and there, Montreal women (myself excluded of course) seem a damn sight more elegant generally. But maybe I wasn't looking right.
- The Étoile just freaks me right the fuck out. How can people actually drive through it? I'd worm my way in and still be going around in circles six weeks later.
- The Cow Parade rocks
- BP - The area around Metro Vavin is wonderful... I even saw that café you posted a pic of once, Le Québec. And I found this great little paper shop - good thing Mr. Jazz was there or I would've bought 50 different journals. I'm on the brink of orgasm just THINKING about that paper!
Over and out. Off to the cottage.
* I have to pick up some books someone left for me, and I didn't want to do it during the day because, hell, I'm on vacation and don't want to have to give a blow by blow account to colleagues. So there.