- Those people on the bus. You know, the ones who read the paper and pretend to try to be discreet about it, but every time they turn a page it’s in your face? I hate them
- Hangnails. ‘Nuff said.
- The fact that this is only my third day back at work and it’s as if I had never left. Vacation? What vacation?
- Jocelyn, this one’s for you. Weather people. They are telling us it might snow in Montreal tonight. SNOW! May 16. I hate them too. Especially since they’re always right about bad weather but mostly wrong about the good stuff.
- The fact that I know I’m evil. I don’t give a damn about most of humanity, but it freaks me out that the hummingbirds which just arrived at the cottage last week, might have to deal with snow! Poor things’ll freeze to death! (A friend says that’s because hummers have never given me any reason to doubt them, but I’m still pretty sure it makes me evil)
- The fact that reading science fiction makes me feel stupid. Ive only just begun discovering the genre over the past couple of years (reading Dan Simmons Ilium right now – I love Dan Simmons, the Hyperion series was great – but yet again I’m wandering off on a tangent…). So yeah, I’m love the Sci-Fi, ‘cept when they get into all this quantum mechanics and quantum physics and quantum whatever the hell else and I can read a paragraph 10 times and still not have a clue. I suspect I’m missing that Sci-Fi-Nerd gene that would allow me to comprehend this stuff. Nevertheless I forge on; it’s Fantasy with robots.
- Being overwhelmed at work. I loathe not seeing the end of the tunnel, that whenever I make some headway into a pile, another one grows. I suspect that paper piles fornicate and birth other paper piles during the night.
* Y'all read me so well, that was indeed sarcasm pure and simple