Friday, April 21, 2006

Silver and Marjorie

I had to post this link because this is a great blog for anyone who likes altered books and such. BluePoppy, you'll like this, I'm sure. Altered Silver posts his pages, but also tells how he does them. It's a great "how-to" of altering. I'm working my way through this blog and absolutely loving it.

On another note, since it's Friday, and Fridays are supposed to be fun, ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you today the poetry of Marjorie V. Weber*

Things

Everyone talks about things.
What are things?

Things are flowers,bees
And birds in the trees.
Those are things.

Along with jewels
Trinkets and ting-a-lings

Blues, greens and colors
For painting
These are things.

I could go on and on
But as
You may of guessed
Almost anything can be a thing!

Friends

There once was a frog
Named Boyd

He had a friend who
Was known as Lloyd
Boyd and Lloyd
And Floyd
A friend

Met with no good end
When Boyd and Floyd

Found out that Lloyd
Was no friend!


*Perhaps the worst self-published poet in the world. I came across her poetry though Mr. Jazz’s cousin who then lived in Tucson (where I also fell in love with Tucson - the desert out there is awesome - in the real sense of the word). He turned me on to Marjorie and I’ve never looked back.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link! it's wonderful.

~bluepoppy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the promo. It gladdens me when my blog is found useful to others. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jazz said...

Marjorie Weber left a comment here - unfortunately I seem to have deleted it. However, since I still have it in my email, here is a copy;

On Poetry by Marjorie V. Weber - my comment:
If you are between the ages of 4-10 years, I will take your comments seriously, otherwise, I think you have too much time on your hands!


Perhaps I do have too much time on my hands. However it seems to me an artist should be able to take criticism however bad and googling oneself points out to having way too much time on your hands also. And for the record, bad as it it, I just love the stuff.

Anonymous said...

You are right, I must have had too much time on my hands!