Tuesday, November 14, 2006

4 things

OK, enuff already! Chooch harassement has been stepped up, so here’s the 4 things meme… I might have forgotten some, but this is all you get.

4 jobs I’ve had

I worked for the Quebec Winter Carnival in the middle of summer. We had to conceive of, and build, a kiosk at the Old Port in Quebec City for the Tall Ships in 1984. The Tall Ships tanked, and I spent the most boring summer of my life there. And when the Tall Ships actually came to Quebec City, it was a scorcher of a day and people came to watch in our air conditioned kiosk. And let their annoying little kids run around while expecting me to babysit them. I didn’t have much choice as they would’ve torn the fucking place apart if I hadn’t clamped down.

Years later, Mr. Jazz and I realized that we had to have seen each other there, since he was working at a fast food place where I regularly ate. And since there was virtually no one on site....

I worked as a receptionist at a collection agency. With people calling to cry that they couldn’t afford to pay for the TV and such stuff. It was my first job in the big city, my first “on my own” job, my welcome into the world of the office. Annoying as hell it was.

I worked at IBM as a temp during the layoffs in the 90s. I was about the only one around who didn’t walk around with my head between my shoulders, hoping against hope to remain unnoticed, hoping against hope the axe wouldn’t fall. Not a fun atmosphere to work in, but a 6 month contract stretched to over a year.

I worked a total of 1.5 days in a clothing store. Didn’t work out because I loathe being harassed by salespeople when I go into a store and I loathed doing it to people. For minimum wage yet? I think not.

4 shows I watch

Les hauts et les bas de Sophie Paquin – Probably no one that reads this except maybe my sister knows this; it’s a French show on Radio Canada. The story of a woman who owns a talent agency. On the eve of giving birth, her boyfriend leaves her for her best friend, opens his own agency and poaches most of her clients. She has the kid, turns out he’s black – the product of a one night stand in New York. This show is hysterical.


Survivor – I’m a junkie. Mr. Jazz forced me to start watching it in the second season. ‘Nuff said. Probst is nice eye candy though.

Lost – except of course when it’s not on which is most of the damn season. I don’t know why I bother. Oh, yes I do. Naveen Andrews.
24 – But only on DVD. It must be so annoying to wait a week for stuff to happen. I wanna be Jack Bauer when I grow up.

4 places I’ve lived:

Boring, but nevertheless:

Greenwood, Nova Scotia – An airforce base in the Annapolis Valley. Yep, I’m an air force brat.

Chicoutimi, Quebec – Cause that’s close to Bagotville, where there’s another base.

Quebec City – Nice place to visit, but I so wouldn’t want to live there again. Very white, very French…

Montreal – The place I’m meant to be. Very multicultural, great restaurants, all sorts of things going on all the time. Even if I don’t hop around bars and cultural events all that much (seeing all the time spent at the cottage), it’s nice to know they’re there.

4 foods:

Mr. Jazz’s BBQ chicken, stuffed with lemons and onions, and jerked to perfection.
I love Tortellini Gigi – the pancetta in the creamy rosé sauce… my mouth waters just at the thought of it.

Otherwise, I’m pretty open so generally:

Vietnamese food - Love love love it.

Indian – Mahli (in Montreal) makes the best damn Channa Samosa in the world.


4 movies I’d watch over and over

Off the top of my head I can’t really think of any. Pretty much anything by Charlie Chaplin though. And maybe Blade Runner.

4 places I’d rather be

- At the ocean, listening to the waves
- Vietnam
- At the cottage
- Taking a nap
(or on the edge of the ocean in Vietnam or at the cottage taking a nap. It's all good)
4 people I'm tagging
It's evil to tag people, but what the hell, it's not like I'll harass them to death, hmmm ChooChoo?
So:

2 comments:

choochoo said...

Suuure you won't. You'll just be sticking those pins into your little voodoo-doll:P

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just happened to watch Blade Runner on Saturday night :)