- When you have two places (i.e. a cottage and a place in town) they each get about half the cleaning they deserve. You will not double the time you spend cleaning. Trust me.
- Put me within three feet of a knife and I'll cut myself.
- Doors frames and furniture move when I'm around, just so I'll bump into them. No, really, they do!
- I've just started watching season six of 24, and they're really stretching our credibility this time. The guy spends 20 months in a Chinese prison and 1/2 hour after he's out he cleans up and gives himself a really good haircut and an hour after that he's running around LA fit as a fiddle? After 20 months of quasi starvation and torture? C'mon!!! Iron Man move over. Jack is back. I love me my televised comic book heros.
- Work is highly overrated, even if you like your job a lot.
- This post by XUP is brilliant. People should be obliged to check this out before they get face lifts.
- The Millenium series by Swedish author Stieg Larsson is brilliant as well (the first of the three is, anyway). I have no idea if they've been translated into English. Too bad he died from a massive coronary just after he had finished the three books...
- Fun Home, a graphic novel by Alison Bechdel is a must read. Even if you're not into graphic novels
- Family rocks - whether the one you were born with (if you got lucky like I did) or the one you chose over the years.
- Never ever ever bet with Mr. Jazz on the name of an obscure character from a comic book he grew up reading (the question being who was Falballa in Asterix). You will lose your money. Guaranteed. 'Cause Mr. Jazz? He knows. A friend of ours learned this yesterday.
- When the hummingbirds arrive, I am one happy camper. They should be here within the next couple of weeks.
- I miss having pets.
- 40 is not the new 30. Your 40s are ever and forever the 40s, the jump into middle age, grey hair, aches for no reason, choosing to stay home over going clubbing, renting a movie rather than going out to see it... (le sigh). On the plus side, the sex is great.
Thursday, May 08, 2008
Things I know to be true...
Concocted by Jazz