Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Random Mutterings

Today, topping of the "people that annoy me" list: In the more popular blogs, commenters who leave the “Yippi I’m first” comment, then, as a second comment, the “Now to go read the blog” comment. Nobody but yourself cares you’re first and if you think being first makes you special, think again, it only makes you annoying.

10-ish year old boys should not have more boobs than I do. Granted there’s not much boobification going on with me, but still, a 10 year old boy should not have boobs. Ever. How can a child be that fat?

Spring still pretty much refuses to arrive in Montreal. I’m going to see family in Washington (DC) this weekend and am looking forward to experiencing he real thing, if only for 48 hours.

How is it that in North America, pretty much the richest continent in the world, there are so many homeless wandering around Montreal (to name just one city). How can it be that with so much money around, children still go hungry and people live in the streets? The mind boggles. (Yeah, I know, I’m a bleeding heart and all that. I have my moments. Sue me).

I feel like eviscerating someone today. More to the point I think it would actually be lots of fun. Damn hormones.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Yippee! I'm first!

(Sorry, I just had to do it.)

Big Brother said...

Yipee I'm second, Jill got there first... sh*t...LOL ;o) Yeah I did that just to annoy you.
Funny about the homeless and the beggars. One of the things that struck Mrs. BB and I the most about Tunisia was that there were no beggars or homeless people. We went all over Tunis with our friend Mohammed and nowhere did we see a beggar. Same thing for all the other places we visited there like Hammamet, Tozeur, Matmata, Douz and lord knows we went exploring outside of the beaten tourist path. We have lessons to be learned.

Anonymous said...

May I please join your Evisceration Club? Pretty please?!

People have food for squirrels and pigeons but not each other.

Hang in there.
(Holy Congelateur Batman!)
;)
Vxo

Smalltown RN said...

Too funny.....the posting bit that is....homelessness is not....and with the Olympics coming our way in 3 short years...our government is doing nothing to provide affordable housing on the contrary....I have a brother who lives in the worst part of Vancouver...he struggles to make ends meet....it's appalling...

geewits said...

I can't for the life of me figure out that "I'm first, now I'll read the post" thing. What is that?!? Your anonymous person reminded me of one of my pet peeves. Why on earth do people feed pigeons? Or seagulls? It just makes them beggy and aggressive. I hate those people.

Hageltoast said...

Yipee i'm 5th. (is it getting really tiresome yet?)
Sending you "Spring must come" vibes sweetp
evisceration sounds good to me, now if I can just find out who took my wingmirror off!

Jazz said...

Jill - I knew someone would say it.

BB - That's because they throw them in jail.

D - We will be the two charter members. Lets face it, so many people desperately deserve evisceration.

RN - Yes, it is appalling. So much for so few.

Geewits - I recently read a book about pigeons, and a couple of cities in Europe outlawed feeding them, built them pigeon coops and left some feed there. Just having them fed no more than they need and giving them a living space cut the population by almost half. Coz they breed according to feed.

Toast - Your wingmirror? You have a car? Managed to get you license did you?