Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cool 360...

This "bubble" picture appeared on CyberPresse (the electronic version of La Presse, a newspaper in Montreal).

Once the picture is loaded click on it and move your mouse to see Gilford Street in Montreal yesterday, sky to ground, 36o degrees....


Ok, I've been playing with yesterday's number game and I've pretty much understood how it works. Basically you isolate your number for them. You pick your number. Then, in another question you pick the colour of the number and later the "house" in which the number is found. Of course, there is only one number of each colour in any given house, so you give them your number quite openly. Then of course they throw in a couple of questions that are not at all related. However, I still haven't figured out the last thing. The number behind the door. Anyone have any idea how that works?

4 comments:

ticknart said...

Like you figured out, once you get to the housed, you've given away your number, based on the color. The door "trick" is that the program they wrote puts the number you picked behind the first door you click on. There aren't any numbers behind the doors until after the first one starts opening.

Dan said...

Number game? Houses?

I'm still looking at that AWESOME photo. I'm adding a bubble camera to my Christmas wish list.

geewits said...

What Ticknart said on the door thing. I was going to say, "The program is written to show your number behind whichever door you pick." That snow picture was so pretty it looked like a Hollywood set. Are you sure that's a real street?

Jazz said...

Ticknart - Duh... I can't believe I didn't figure that out. It's so damn obvious... Proof that I've been working too hard.

Dan - You do that, go get yourself a bubble camera.

Geewits - It is indeed a real street. I can vouch for it, a friend of mine lives on that street. You will have noticed cars were buried. Much less pretty from our point of view. ;-)