But I have decided to be resolutely Pollyanna-ish about this one. I will be chipper. I will be Little Miss Sunshine. Winter Wonderland. Yay (and no, BB, I will not go skiing with you. Don't even contemplate the thought. Besides, you're probably having a snow day, eh? I hate you... oops. OK now. Chipper, happy, positive).
Yes. So. The good side of another 30 cm. There are good sides. Somewhere. No doubt...
Let's see. (note to self: Smile Jazz, smile! Don't grimace...)
1) Dogs. It's really quite a hoot to watch dogs in the snow. The way they run around in excitment, snuffling around in there like drug dogs around luggage. I don't quite see where running around with your head buried in the snow is fun, but judging from the copious tail wagging from dogs with no visible heads I've been seeing, snowstorms are canine heaven. Go figure.
2) Exercise. Shoveling snow that has drifted and packed itself thigh high. And then doing it again a few hours later. Rinse, repeat and all that. Good aerobic workout. As is digging out a car that has been 3/4 plowed under at 7:00 in the morning. Yep, good workout. Workouts are fun. Provided you don't dig out the wrong car. That would just be annoying. Good thing Mr. Jazz and I (ok, mostly Mr. J, we had only one shovel) were digging in the right place. Exercise is good for... Mr. Jazz. Yay exercise. Fun winter exercise!!!
3) Looking forward to the "winter wonderland" at the cottage. Knowing that there will be thigh high drifted snow on each and every one of the 42 stairs up to the cottage door. And knowing that the trees will wait until you're shoveling the stairs right under them to teasingly dump a load of snow on your head. Because they can. And do. It's always good to have things to look forward to.
4) Sitting in front of the fire, drinking one of Mr. Jazz's evil margaritas while thawing out frostbitten extremities. The margaritas are good for killing the pain of the thawing. Pain itself is good because it builds character and all that.
5) Contributing tons of money to the coffers of Hydro-Quebec to heat the appartment. Making a contribution to the well being of the governement always makes me
6) White Festivus. People dream about white for chistmas. This I blame on Bing Crosby and his "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" ditty. Before him, people were no doubt dreaming of sunshine and palm trees for Christmas, and... positve Jazz, positive..... And I'm simply thrilled that so many here in Canada and the northeastern US will have their white christmas.
Well, there, I managed over five positive things about more winter. Toldya I could do it.