My top picks today:
- On the radio this morning: Some guy will get a life sentence for murder - so 10 years minimum, more if the judge decides so. How is 10 years a life sentence unless you're 95?
- The baby food diet. Replacing regular meals with baby food. It's all the rage in Hollywood. Um, how about eat better and exercise more? And accept that wearing a size 10 or 12 in no way, shape or form mean you're fat!!!
- The media acting all huffy because "suddenly" everyone wakes up and figures out that all the money the Quebec Caisse de Dépôt (the people who invest our money to be used for provincial pension plans and the like) lost in the commercial paper debacle will have to be replaced. By whom? Well, us taxpayers of course in the form of rising pay deductions etc. How stupid do you have to be to not have figured this out when the story came out? Of course the taxpayer is gonna pay. We have limitless amounts of money don't we? We're the well from which all things come, the well that will, it seems never run dry. So don't fucking act like you didn't know this would happen. Oh and once the deficit is filled, do you think we're stupid enough to believe that deductions will go back down? Um. No.
- Finger Plates
- George Bush (ok, it was too easy, but waddaya gonna do)
OH! and an addition Mr. Jazz reminded me of:
- Bureaucrats who rename things so as not to hurt people's feelings - the dreaded PC Brigade. We all know of the "visually challenged" for blind series. In Quebec they just changed the name of exams (as in school, y'all remember those?). Now students no longer have exams, they have "Situations d'apprentissage et d'évaluation", i.e. Learning and evaluation situations... excuse me while I beat my head against the wall. But that's not all!
- Teachers can no longer fail students who need to be failed - because it'll traumatize the poor dearies I suppose. So what happens with these "evaluation situations"? They're basically fixed everyone passes and they mean strictly nothing anymore. And we're surprised that people have no basic knowlege of anything anymore. Excuse me while I beat my head against the wall some more. I'm thinking BB really needs to do a post on the walking talking idiocy that is the Quebec Ministry of Education. Of course, how can I be surprised. These are the people who abolished grading with numbers - because the children might feel bad with too low a number - now everything is is letters, 'cause damned if an E doesn't feel better than a 50%. Or something.
So, how do you define stupid