Tuesday, December 20, 2005

New information

Well, someone has actually read parts of this blog. I am flabbergasted (damn I love that word, and plethora and ... ok, that is totally off topic). I have proof. I have comments. I exist on the internet. I have comments therefore I am!!! Aw, shaddap Jazz.

Regal answered my "in spades" question. Many thanks. If anyone is interested:

"Spades are the highest-ranking of the four suits (clubs, diamonds, hearts, spades.) Thus a bid in spades outranks a bid in hearts. By extension beyond cards, "in spades" expresses a decisive, complete, no-doubt defeat. If I suffer a (real or imagined) injury from you, and I retaliate with dsproportionate vigor, I have paid you back "in spades.""

I will go to bed tonight, if not more intelligent then at least with another nugget of useless information filed away. I had no idea that there was a rank in the four suits. I'm obviously not much for card playing.

My granny used to say that every day you learned something is a day you don't grow older. So once again, thank you Regal! Of course my granny is very very dead, so maybe she had no idea what she was talking about. Or else she wasn't very big on learning new stuff.

No comments: