- André Boisclair (the PQ leader) along with one of his candidates has been derided for being gay. Said a radio host in Jonquière, "we don't want a faggot government." The other two leaders, of course, denounced the radio host's behaviour, though I'm sure behind the scenes they were dancing in glee. How, I ask, does the fact that Boisclair is gay impact on his ability to govern (or not)? He would still tax us outrageously, and be the consumate, hypocritical, teflon politician.
- He has also been called out - again, and how sick are we of hearing about it? - about those wild days when he was taking cocaine... Um, like the others haven't partied? How about all those who drink like fish? Speaking of which, do fish drink? Like do they just stop and swallow some of that water? But I digress, non?
- An AD (Action Démocratique) candidate is quoted as saying at one point on his internet radio show, "Enough with women's rights already. How about some rights for men?" Screams and gasps of horror from the other parties (and Mario Dumont, the party leader - him to the right there).
- A PQ candidate has denied the Rwandan genocide. More gasps of horror; poor Boisclair.
- Jean Charest (the Liberal leader) has had to issue statements correcting his candidates statements - as well as his own. Idjit
Oh, and for the record, I deserve kudos for not posting pics that make them look like complete idiots. 'Cause I'm nice like that. And they heap enough ridicule on themselves with no help from me.
None of the leaders are talking about their platforms, they're too busy pointing fingers at the other guy. 'Cause mudracking? Ever so much more fun. Ever so much easier.
This campaign sunk to new levels rather quickly. And these yahoos want my vote? I should give these people the permission to govern me for the next four years?
I'm guessing I'll just vote for the Marxist-Leninist. That way I'll be doing a good deed, he'll get three votes, himself, his mom (if he's lucky) and me.
Besides, in my riding you could present a stapler for the Libs and it would get the votes. Lots of fat rich people in my riding. Traditional Libs.
Cynical? Me? God, how depressing.
Let me trudge away now to contemplate the stupidity of modern society. But that's ok, I don't exist anyway!