Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dribs and Drabs

What to do when one has nothing to say and no draft entries tucked away in a corner? Pull out some of the multitude of useless things rattling around my brain.


I want this car: The Air Car

I love this blog, being a word whore and all: Linguisitc Mystic

Seen on the way home from work yesterday. A sixtyish man sitting in his huge boat of a Lincoln Continental singing Satisfaction at the top of his lungs. I know he’s the right age and all, but it was bizarre seeing this overweight, bald 60-something in his granddaddy car singing to the Stones.

The mutant bamboo on my desk (which I spoke about quite a while back and am too lazy to link to) has been transplanted into a pot of earth. It seems to want to survive. I can’t believe I haven’t killed it yet.

The plant next to it seems to have decided to, as we say in French "Rendre l'âme" (i.e. give up its soul). May it rest in peace.

It's berry season. Strawberry, Cherry, Blueberry... Happy Jazz

God I’m bored.

6 comments:

Ian Lidster said...

The 'Mystic' is a very cunning linguist, indeed.
Sorry, but I couldn't resist. There goes my PG rating, I guess.
Ian

Jazz said...

Ian - Bwwahahahahahaha... but since you didn't put it on your blog, you might have made mine tip over from "R" to "XXX"

Voyager said...

Jazz, we know when we are getting old when our houseplants are thriving, and we can't smoke any of them.
V.

geewits said...

The linguistics link was cool. I am also a word nerd. My first big research paper was titled something like "The Language of Holden Caulfield in 'The Catcher in the Rye'." I love listening to people speak in general conversation and analyze their inflections and what not. Language is fun.

ticknart said...

I hope I'm like that 60-something when I get there. Of course, I'm hoping I'll be singing some They Might Be Giants, but the Stones are pretty great, too.

Jill said...

What is it about turning 60 that causes people to not care what other people think anymore? I can't wait....