Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bizarre-ities

.

Monica wants me to be her friend on MySpace.

Or so the email I just received claims.

I don't know a Monica, and as far as I know I don't have a MySpace page. Unless maybe I opened one years ago when I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

And in that case, why would Monica want to be my friend? I haven't been there in years.

Is she that desperate? Maybe she should just leave MySpace and find friends in the real world.

Just a thought.

****************************


A commericial on the radio this morning for a restaurant called Il Bordello in Laval (a burb north of Montreal). Children under 12 eat free on weeknights - or they get discounted prices, I really didn't catch it because I was wondering about the name.

Am I just not awake enough this morning or is Il Bordello a strange name for a restaurant?
.

9 comments:

Hageltoast said...

I love that as a restaurant name!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't sound like a place that would have a kiddie menu.

Ian Lidster said...

Myspace causes Homer Simpson shudders in me, and Monica causes even more.

But I do like Il Bordello. Has a certain ring, n'est ce pas?

Anonymous said...

A very strange name for a restaurant. I looked the word “bordello” up in my OED and it’s pretty much always had the prostitute association. Way, way, way back it just meant wooden hut in ancient Germanic. Good for them for featuring the kids’ specials though to assure people that it’s a family place. And, I think you should accept Monica as your friend. You could make her do all sorts of stuff for you to prove herself worthy of your friendship. It would be a fun experiment.

pierre l said...

I'm an old cynic. I'm convinced that if you accept "Monica" as a friend, you are going to get lots of Spam. You should probably login to myspace.com and check your privacy settings (and may be close the account if you really don't want it).
I'm probably old fashioned, but it's unlikely I would eat at a restaurant called "il bordello"; I won't mentioned that I'd have to spend teh night in a plane just to get to Laval, of course. On the other hand, I bet Montreal has changed since my last visit in 1976.

SUZAN BUCKNER said...

I bet Monica is naked on her page. You might pass her friendship on to any desperate single men that you know--and hate.

geewits said...

I bet Monica works at IL Bordello. And anyway my brother's first wife was named Monica and she was a bitch.

Jazz said...

Toast - well it's different, that's for sure

gnightgirl - heard the commercial again today. Kids under 12 accompanied by an adult get a free kiddie meal (because under 12s who go alone must pay...)

Ian - indeed it has a ring. I can't help but wonder what the decor is like.

XUP - somehow I think Monica wouldn't strive to prove her friendship

Pierre - problem being, I would be incapable of logging into my myspace page as (if I have one) I opened it long long ago and damned if I know the username and password anymore. As for Montreal,it has changed, but Laval is still a 'burb.

Suzan - wondering who I know who would be desperate enough...

Geewits - damn girl, you crack me up!

Cycling Goddess said...

I never had any Monica contact me asking to be my friend but I'm still getting desperate pleas from my friend in Europe telling me about the $2 million there waiting for me! lol

Il Bordello in Laval? my oh my... it's gone kinky out of a sudden!