Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank You Rachel!!!

.
Because Rachel posted this meme from Thursday Thunks and I'm too lazy to actually work on a couple of drafts i have here, and this'll be easy and... and nothing actually.

So here's the meme, please feel free to poach for an easy post. I'd love to see your answers.

1. Have you ever felt alone, but yet there are people around you?

All the time. I tend to be a rather solitary person, and even in a group of close friends I regularly feel somewhat removed, as if I can't quite figure out how to fit in. Which is ok, since I tend to sit back and observe a lot.

2. Do you have any video game consoles? Which ones?

What's a video game console? OK, I know that, I'm not that disconnected, but no, and I don't really see the point when I can go online and play Tetris. When I'm feeling particularly adventurous I play Collapse. Yeah, I'm old, I'm set in my ways and I'm one of those people who like to play mindless games. I don't really want to get super involved in a video game.

3. Do you freak out at food warnings/outbreaks, such as the recent peanut butter salmonella scare?

No. There's salmonella in peanut butter? Heh. Honestly I just eat what I want and I don't figure I'm taking my life into my hands every time I take a bite of something. Nowdays, every little thing gets so damn much publicity that everyone is afraid of everything all the time. We want to be safe from everything. A kid falls off a jungle jim and breaks a leg, every jungle jim in the world needs padding underneath, just in case. Life isn't like that, life isn't safe. Life will kill you eventually, so whatever. A little danger adds a bit of spice.

4. What color/pattern is your beds' comforter/bedspread?

It's black. And it has two lime green shapes of people sleeping. The pillow shams are printed with the type of design you get off an ence... those brain tests which my own brain refuses to remember the name of today (I'm sure XUP will be able to tell me the word, she's all omniscient and shit). Wait... here it is... Thank you Ikea.

5. How many windows do you have in your house?

One in the living room, one in the front room - plus a patio door to the balcony (does that count as a window?), one in the bedroom, one in the dining room and one in the kitchen.

6. Name six things that are in your bathroom.

Antibiotics for my sinus infection, pills and pumps for my asthma, a wierd ass thing for flushing my sinuses (yeah that's what I was doing yesterday, accumulating a shopping list of prescriptions from my doctor - let's say that's one thing: Meds - and who the fuck develops asthma in their 40s? How stupid is that?), a clawfoot tub, lipstick (I love me my lipstick), towels, a Keith Haring shower curtain, a blow dryer. All in all a very oridinary bathroom.

7. How big is your garage? Should it be bigger?

I live in a third floor apartment. Garages aren't part of my horizons. But apparently all garages should be bigger because most of those I've seen don't even have space for the car. What's with that?

8. Got your taxes done yet?

I'm in Canada. I have till April.

9. Think of a mental disorder..... why did you think of that particular one?

Does menopause count? It turns me into a psychotic bitch, so it should!
.

22 comments:

lime said...

if i were not so into handmade quilts i think i'd be headed to ikea for that bed covering. what a hoot, i love it.

Anonymous said...

Neat meme! I'm also like you in that I tend to be a bit more solitary and don't worry so much about media driven panics, which kinda tick me off.

Big Brother said...

Must run in the family lil sister, I actually like being alone or just with Mrs. BB. That's why I love trekking, biking and cross country skiing.... I don't have to be with anyone.

geewits said...

I love your bedspread!

Ian Lidster said...

I love your bedspread -- both inspired and honest. My esteem for you soars even more.

Anonymous said...

Way to force me to comment! It looks more like and EKG/ECG (electrocardiogram) that measures something to do with whether or not your heart is beating. Up and down lines = good. Straight line = dead. Kind of a weird thing to put on pillow cases. Only at IKEA

Anonymous said...

I'm certainly not above poaching someone else's meme for an easy post! Actually, I kind of like this one. And since I'm in a bit of a posting drought right now ...

Joe Jubinville said...

I thought of schizophrenia. Like the traffic on U.S. 41.

Anonymous said...

thats one helluva funky comforter. like it! and i can totally vouch for number 9 - i'm PRE menopausal and feel like i'm going insane most of the time. cannot wait till this is behind me. i so get this.

VioletSky said...

My bedspread design would need to have a cat stretched out somewhere between two of those legs. Any two, wouldn't matter.

Rachel said...

Ha!

I love your answers for the bedspread and the mental illness questions!

As to menopause, just focus on what good it brings you: NO PERIODS!!!YAY!

Jazz said...

Lime - I love handmade quilts too. I'm in awe of people who can actually do that. My mother made several, and it was fascinating to watch her work.

Hanna - Yeah, annoying as if the media have nothing else to talk about.

BB - YOU are a hermit. Much more so than I!!

Geewits - Me too!

Ian - Damn, you're embarrassing me

XUP - That's it! I suppose it was supposed to be an electroencephalogram though. And it worked! You commented.

Pinklea - Feel free!

Jeaux - Actually schizophrenia was the first thing I thought about. But menopause applies...

Raino - How long does it last you think?

VS - Ah, life as a cat owner.

Rachel - The only problem is that it takes a helluva long while to get there !

david mcmahon said...

You have until April in Canada? !! That's great .....

Susan Tuttle said...

oh, a clawfoot tub -- i want one!

thanks for the kind words about my son -- he is doing well so far.

xo

Jazz said...

David - Unfortunately we still have to get the damn things done.

Susan - You're welcome. I can't imagine how you must have felt...

Anonymous said...

Yay, a meme with a reasonable number of questions! I enjoyed your answers and believe I wukk poach it.

Susan English Mason said...

Your meme is a reasonable number of questions anyway

The meme I got tagged with had 25. Way too many. I made a movie video and posted it and it was 5 minutes long; It was ridiculously labor intensive. Jeez.

Ricë said...

menopause = psychotic bitch. as an explanation of Life, it works for me.

Jocelyn said...

I am your sister in IKEA duvet covers...not that particular one, but we have a few others.

But why no photo of the Keith Haring shower curtain? Sounds great.

Sorry about your damn sinuses. Do you have one of those "netty" pots (I have no idea how it's really spelled), where you pour water in one nostril and huff it out the other?

Here, There, Elsewhere... and more said...

WOW!
Lucky you, a clawfoot tub...we always had these until we moved here and now as I search for one and await the right timing to start renovating the bathroom, we have to make do with a regular tub (no comparison whatsoever!)...
Love your humour..:)

Jazz said...

Citizen - You wukk poach it eh?

Poutalicious - A five minute video? I'm impressed. I'd have no idea how to do that.

Rice - Yeah well, it's getting that way. I scare myself sometimes. Of course, at other times I revel in it.

Joce - yeah, the Dr. prescribed a Sinus rinse. It's not a Netty pot, thank god, those things freak me out, it's actually a squeeze bottle. At first I was thinking it was really really gross. Now I'm addicted. The feeling afterward is akin to leaving the dentist after having your teeth cleaned. That is TMI isn't it?

HTE - Gotta love a big tub!

Anonymous said...

well ... it's been almost 3 years in the so called PRE menopausal stage and i guess at some point i'll get to the REALmenopausal stage. anytime REAL soon would work for me but it's likely more like once i hit 60, which is 20 hrs away..

but it's all good right!?

http://momofboxer.blogspot.com/2009/02/contest.html