Friday, January 26, 2007

The Sex Trivia file – Ha! got your attention didn’t I?


  • Everyday, 200 million couples around the world have sex, which is about over 2000 couples at any given moment.

  • Women are most likely to want to have sex when they are ovulating

  • The Egyptian 'Ankh' actually a symbol representing the male and female sex organs.

  • Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world

  • 30% of women over the age of 80 still have sexual intercourse either with their spouse or boyfriends. (So there is hope!)

  • Mosquitoes, which mate in the air perform a sex act that lasts only 2 seconds. (OK, so that must be really fun…)

  • Women with a Ph.D. are twice as likely to be interested in a one-night stand than those with only a Bachelor's degree.

  • Fellatio ranks as the number one sexual act desired by heterosexual men.

  • Australian women have sex on the first date more than women the same age in the USA and Canada. (Ah those Aussie hussies!)

  • It’s illegal to have sex without a condom in Nevada. (Lots of illegal activity going on in that state then)

  • Today, Japan leads the world in condom use. Like cosmetics, they're sold door to door, by women. (That is just bizarre…)

  • More Americans lose their virginity in June than in any other month (Gotta love prom season!)

  • A man’s penis not only shrinks during cold weather but also from nonsexual excitement like when his favorite football team scores a touchdown, etc. (Bwahahaha)

  • Wyoming’s Grand Tetons mountain range literally means “Big Tits” (We French have left are mark all over the place)

  • In the original Grimm fairly tale of 'Sleeping Beauty', the Prince rapes her while she sleeps and then leaves before she wakes up. (Good thing the brothers Grimm were prudes, cause the original traditional story - not so much for kids!)

  • The word 'gymnasium' comes from the Greek word gymnazein which means to exercise naked, which often was done in ancient Greece.

  • White women and those women with a college degree, when asked said they were more receptive to anal sex than women without college educations.

  • The word avocado comes from the Spanish word aguacate which is derived from the Aztec word ahuacati which means testicle. (I can’t help but wonder if there’s hidden meaning in the word kiwi)

  • The original representation of Cupid by the Greeks was that of a beautiful young boy whose naked form was considered to be the embodiment of sexual love. (Whatever turns you on I guess)

  • The first condoms in the US were made from vulcanized rubber in the 1870s. They were expensive and annoyingly thick and meant to be reused. (Ewwwwwwww…)

14 comments:

Steven said...

My wife and I were talking about this last night. About how nearly every single women you've ever seen on the street has had a dick in her mouth.

Makes you think. ;)

Steve~

ticknart said...

I always thought that the first condoms were made out of sheep intestine and have been used for centuries.

Huh.

Tai said...

Re-used?

No wonder there was so many children born to families back then!

Jazz said...

Steve - you always make me think, but not necessarily in a good way.

Ticknart - In the rest of the world maybe, but in the US, y'all waited for a Michelin tire... 'Course, I wouldn't want to by trying to establish the accuracy of all this.

Tai - the mind boggles at the very concept.

Ian Lidster said...

Sex is the 'safest' tranquilizer? I think that depends on whom it happens to be with and whether one is supposed to be there. Take my 2nd wife ... no, maybe better not.
A fun posting and I'll never look at avocadoes in the same way.

Ian

Evil Spock said...

Thanks for reminding me about all the sex I'm NOT having at the moment.

Jocelyn said...

That over-80 statistic startled me. Now I'm going to look at the grandmas on the street in a whole different way. Maybe they're *working* the street.

Jill said...

That over-80 statistic is making me wonder about my grandfather. And not in a good way. I didn't need that image in my mind. Definitely not.

Dan said...

A man’s penis not only shrinks during cold weather but also from nonsexual excitement like when his favorite football team scores a touchdown, etc.

For the record, I am not, and have never been, a fan of football. :)

Big Brother said...

So much ado about the biological imperative of our DNA to reproduce itself into the future. Just think, everything we have or are is just because a bunch of nucleic acids want to go on forever... ;o)

choochoo said...

Time on your hands, eh? :P

Jazz said...

Ian - yeah, I wondered about that too.

Evil S - Poor dear.... and there's much more where that came from!

Jocelyn and Jill - I for one am thrilled. The thought of still "bumping uglies" when I'm 80 gives me some incentive to make it to there.

Dan - Neither is Mr. Jazz ;-)

BB - Yep! Here's to nucleic acid!

Choo - None at all really, otherwise I actually would have written an entry.

Hageltoast said...

I'm with ticknart, i think some form of leather/skin protection was used in ancient civilisations, but good an america for coming up with the rubber solution. mmmm rubber. ;)

therapydoc said...

When I try to tell my patients these things they look at me like I'm totally nuts and lying!

I'm referring them to you for sex therapy, okay? The part about being a sexy elderly person especially throws them off.