After last Friday's scary happy happy joy joy meltdown, I thought this could serve as an antidote for myself and others. Here then, without further delay are the petty annoyances of the week.
- Awesome. The word awesome implies that something fills you will awe. Your t-shirt is not awesome. Your nail colour is not awesome. The Grand Canyon is awesome, as is the pyramid of Kheops. The misuse of this particular word drives me to distraction. The next time I hear it, I might have to rip off the offender's arm and beat him or her to death with the bloody end. It's the grammar/vocabulary whore in me.
- Cutesy blogs written from the point of view of a pet. I have no problem with an entry written by the family pet every so often, they tend to be hilarious and I've been trying to get Mr. Jazz to write one for some time now... But all the time? No. I'm all for anthropomorphizing animals, but give it a break already.
- And for the record, they're animals, not Furbabies!!! Or Furboys or Furgirls... ANIMALS!
- The fact that for the past few weeks, half the time Blogger insists it has posted my entry when, in fact, it hasn't. And along with that, the fact that I most often have to copy and paste a draft as a new entry in order to post it. If it works. Which it often doesn't. I see a conspiracy. They'll soon tell me, "Well it wouldn't be a problem with a paid subscription."
- Angelina Jolie. I am heartily sick of the woman and the saintly image the media have bestowed upon her. Can we please have a break from Angelina, Paris, Lindsey and other assorted "stars"? I long for the days of Audrey Hepburn and other classy stars.
- People who act like martyrs and seem very happy wallowing in their misery. Don't get me wrong, I can wallow with the best of them. Ask Mr. Jazz. But at one point (hopefully sooner rather than later) you have to pick yourself up and give yourself a good swift kick in the butt. Like the "awesome" people, those who whine and moan and bitch without ever taking any steps to actually fix what is wrong drive me to distraction. If you're not going to at least try do do something about it, shut the hell up, stop with the heavy sighs, and let the rest of us get on with our lives . I know, I'm being harsh, but there you go.
- And always and forever, rude cellphone pod people.